Resouces & Non-Technical Publications
Check out all the great resources below for even more Cybersecurity information!
Groups Organized Against Cyber Crime
- Anti-Phishing Working Group
- Combating Cyber Crime - Homeland Security
- Cybercrime - interpol.int
- Infragard - FBI
- IT Security Technical Publications
CIS Critical Security Controls The Center for Internet Security (CIS) presents the CIS Controls for Effective Cyber Defense Version 6.0, a recommended set of actions that provide specific and actionable ways to stop today's most pervasive and dangerous cyber attacks.
What To Do If You're A Victim
- How to Report an Incident
- Federal Trade Commission's ID Theft Page
- Identity Theft Protection Tips
- Internet Fraud Complaint Center
Available Tools / Virus Protection
- Best Antivirus Software for Windows and Mac Computers - Consumer Reports
Choosing the best antivirus software for a Windows or Mac computer can be tough. These tips from Consumer Reports testers make it a whole lot easier.
- Best Android Antivirus Apps?
There are plenty of antivirus tools for Android. Here's how the top 12 measure up in protection, usability and features.
Delaware Cybersecurity Laws
Title 6- Chapter 12b - COMPUTER SECURITY BREACHES
Summary of House Bill 180: Delaware Data Breach Law
Title 11-Chapter 5- SPECIFIC OFFENSES
932 - Unauthorized Access
933 - Theft of Computer Services
934 - Interruption of Computer Services
935 - Misuse of Computer System Information
936 - Destruction of Computer Equipment
937 - Unrequested or Unauthorized Electronic Mail or Use of Network or Software to Cause Same
938 - Failure to Promptly Cease Electronic Communication Upon Request
939 - Penalties
940 - Venue
941 - Remedies of Aggrieved Persons
Cyberattacks Threat to Government
In 2018, the United States was the country most severely affected by cybercrime in terms of financial damage: industry experts estimate that the U.S. government faced costs of over 13.7 billion U.S. dollars as a result of cyberattacks.
- The Risk is constantly growing
- The Threat is constantly evolving
- Budgets & the Economy take a big hit
- Hackers want public sector date
- Threats are increasingly targeted
Internet of Me
Data about you can be used in a variety of ways, sometimes in ways you wouldn’t expect or even approve. That’s why it is important to understand the value of your personal information and how to manage it when possible.
When you use your connected devicesbvyou are continuously generating information about yourself and others.
- Personal Information Is Like Money. Value It. Protect It.
- Own Your Online Presence.
- Lock Down Your Login!
Security and the Internet of Things
The Internet of Things includes both traditional electronics and everyday "things" embedded with sensors, computing & networking capabilties.
Some of these devices are undeniably very useful, such as household thermostats which allow us to log on at a distance and turn on our heating before heading home.
Some Risks Include:
- Intrusion of Privacy
- Risks to Your Physical Home
- Safety, Location